Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Intelligently-designed conference strives to evolve science writing


My name is Alaina G. Levine and I am a NASW Travel Fellow. I am extremely excited about ScienceWriters 2010, as it will be my first NASW Conference. I will be reporting on Great Science Writing Part I: From Eureka Moment to Book, and am looking forward to this and many other sessions – as well as the fabulous networking and learning opportunities with other writers and editors.

Although I am fairly new to NASW, I have been freelance writing for about 10 years. I have published 90 or so articles on subjects relating to science, science careers, and business in publications such as Science and Nature, and I currently write the Profiles in Versatility column for the national publication of the American Physical Society.

I have degrees in mathematics and anthropology from the University of Arizona (UA), and prior to becoming a full-time freelancer, I directed a master’s program in science and business and taught a graduate course on entrepreneurship for scientists at the UA. In the summer of 2010, I was honored to attend the Euroscience Open Forum as a Robert Bosch Stiftung Science Journalism Fellow. I wrote about my experiences on the PhysicsBuzz blog. You can read more about me at http://www.alainalevine.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment